About this Course
This course introduces The Joint Commission (TJC)’s National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs) and fulfills healthcare workers’ and medical reps’ credentialing requirements.
You’ll learn the overall purpose and goals of National Patient Safety Goals, as well as methods for improving patient mix-ups, medication safety, risk of healthcare-associated infection (HCAIs), surgical errors, and more.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to download a certificate of completion. This course is approved for 0.1 CEUs by IACET.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- What is the Purpose of the National Patient Safety Goals?
- Improve Accuracy of Patient Identification
- Improves the Effectiveness of Communication Among Caregivers
- Improves the Safety of Using Medications
- Reduce the Harm Associated with Clinical Alarm Systems
- Reduce the Risk of Health Care-Associated Infections
- Identify Safety Risks Inherent in Patient Population
- Universal Protocol for Preventing Wrong Site, Wrong Procedure, and Wrong Person Surgery
What You'll Learn
- Explain the Hospital National Patient Safety Goals.
- Discuss practices and approaches to achieving these goals.
- Understand the purpose of the Universal Protocol for Preventing Wrong Site, Wrong Procedure, Wrong Person Surgery.
- List the actions you should take to follow the Universal Protocol.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records