About this Package
The New York State Department of State (NYSDOS) requires 22.5 hours of continuing education to be completed in the 24 months between license renewals.
Designed for busy professionals, this package is an updated version that includes the 11 elective hours and 11.5 hours required topic houses for Sales and Broker active license renewals on or after September 21, 2022.
- Cultural Competency - 2 hour - Mandatory
- Implicit Bias - 2 hour - Mandatory
- Ethical Business Practices - 2.5 hour - Mandatory
- Recent Legal Matters - 1 hour - Mandatory
- Fair Housing - 3 hour - Mandatory
- Agency Relationships - Law of Agency - 1 hour – Mandatory
- Tax Favorable Real Estate Transactions – 4 hours – Elective
- Contracts, Purchases, & Sales Agreements – 4 hours – Elective
- Real Estate Exchanges – 3 hours - Elective
Once you've passed each course's final exam with a score of 70% or higher, you'll receive a certificate of completion for your records. Each of the courses is individually approved and has a specific approval number that will be displayed on your completion certificate.
This two-hour course emphasizes the importance of fair housing and embracing cultural diversity.
- Recognize preferences and challenges within our diverse communities
- Apply inclusion and equity to the public
- Use strategies to increase their own learning about relating to other cultures
- Understand how their clients differ and how they are the same
- Hold themselves accountable for providing excellent professional service to all groups
- Recognize and manage their own biases
This 2-hour continuing education course discusses Implicit bias, which is defined as the attitudes or stereotypes that affect an individual’s understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner.
- What is Implicit Bias
- Implicit Bias in Real Estate
- Best Practices to Avoid Implicit Bias – The Actions you take Make the Difference
Ethical Business Practices
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of ethical business practices. The purpose of this course is to ensure that you are making every effort to protect your clients and the public.
- Explain basic business ethics and how they influence professional behavior
- Explain how the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) impacts professional real estate practice
- Explain how the REALTOR® Code of Ethics impacts professional real estate practice
- Identify similarities and differences between the REBNY Code of Ethics and the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
Recent Legal Matters
Learn the relevant and timely legal matters affecting real estate practices. This course covers the legal protections from the Covid-19 virus as outlined in the New York State guidelines for real estate professional practice.
- Describe the Tenant Broker Fee Ban and its status
- Explain the status of the reprieve of commercial tenant evictions under the Covid-19 conditions
- Describe an Article 78 proceeding
- Describe the Housing Stability & Tenant Protection Act and its Status
- Explain other current legal issues in New York
- Describe the mandated protections from Covid-19 New York guidelines that have been implemented
Satisfy Real Estate CE requirements with this course on Fair Housing Laws. Learn who’s protected and what’s illegal under the Fair Housing Act.
- Introduction to Fair Housing
- Diversity & Discrimination
- Legal Protections to Prevent Discrimination
- Enforcement of Fair Housing Laws
- Avoiding Discriminatory Practices
Agency Relationships - Law of Agency
Study the different types of agency relationships and the legal and ethical guidelines that apply.
- The Concept of Agency
- Relationships in Agency
- Services offered with and without an Agency Relationship
- Disciplinary Situations and Procedures
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Salesperson License (first or subsequent renewal)
Every 2 years (24 months)
Content is updated and current
- New York Agency Relationships
Credit Hours: 1 Approval Number: M16009
Credit Type: Law of Agency
- Contracts, Purchases & Sales Agreements
Credit Hours: 4 Approval Number: M07079
Credit Type: General
- Ethical Business Practices
Credit Hours: 2.5 Approval Number: M15953
Credit Type: Ethics
- Fair Housing
Credit Hours: 3 Approval Number: M16010
Credit Type: Fair Housing
- Recent Legal Matters
Credit Hours: 1 Approval Number: M15952
Credit Type: Legal Matters
- New York Implicit Bias Awareness
Credit Hours: 2 Approval Number: M16788
Credit Type: Implicit Bias
- New York Cultural Competency Training
Credit Hours: 2 Approval Number: M16787
Credit Type: Cultural Competency
- Tax Favorable Real Estate Transactions
Credit Hours: 4 Approval Number: M07082
Credit Type: General
- 1031 Real Estate Exchanges
Credit Hours: 3 Approval Number: M08026
Credit Type: General
How fast can I get through my Continuing Education courses?
By NYSDOS regulations, you must spend a minimum amount of 50 minutes in a course for each credit hour it's worth.
That means to earn 22.5 credit hours, you need a minimum of 18 hours and 45 minutes actively working through the courses.
What is the deadline for completing my continuing education courses?
Renewal applications must be submitted by the second anniversary of the date when your license was issued. Once your expiration date passes, your ability to legally conduct real estate activities is suspended. There's no working grace period in New York State.
Your application has to include proof of your continuing education hours. You can apply for an extension to meet your CE, but extensions are only granted in specific and documented hardship circumstances (see §177.6 of your real estate law book).
How do I renew my license?
About 90 days before your license expires, you'll find the renewal application in New York's licensing portal under "Manage My Licenses." You should also get postcard and email reminders about renewal at that time, but meeting the deadline is your responsibility. Not receiving a reminder does not change your deadline.
New York State gives you a 2-year grace period to renew your license before you're forced to repeat your state licensing exam, but you won't be able to work during that time.
Aren't New York's continuing education requirements changing?
Yes. New requirements will take effect on July 1, 2021.
Some things are staying the same, like frequency and the total number of CE hours (22.5 course hours every 24 months). The requirements for Fair Housing and Agency credits will also stay the same.
Two main things are changing:
- At least 3.5 hours of elective education are being reallocated to certain required topics, including:
- 2.5 hours of Ethical Business Practices
- 1 hour on Legal Matters
- The CE exemption for 15-year broker licensees is going away. The exemption for attorneys will remain.
Until July of 2021, requirements remain the same.
When do my courses expire?
Your courses will expire one (1) year after you purchase them (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my training course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services Bureau of Educational Standards|
|Address:||123 William Street|
|City:||New York City|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records