About this Course
The New York Liquor Authority recommends that you complete an approved training program if you are selling or serving alcohol. Our course for off-premises establishments will ensure you satisfy these requirements.
The course teaches you how to responsibly serve alcohol so that you can avoid potential violations. You’ll learn how to check ID cards, ways to refuse service, techniques for identifying when someone’s intoxicated, and much more.
After you finish the lessons, you must score at least 70% on the final exam to earn your certificate. Then, once you do, your certificate serves as proof you’ve completed an approved New York alcohol training awareness program (ATAP).
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 7: New York Laws
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
What’s the difference between on-premises and off-premises?
On-premises courses are intended for workers who serve alcohol that is meant to be consumed in the same location. Think restaurants, bars, wineries, hotels, casinos, and similar businesses.
Off-premises courses are intended for workers who sell alcohol that is meant to be consumed off-site. Think liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, and similar businesses.
Is your on-premises ATAP training approved in New York?
Yes. We are an approved provider in New York. You can visit the New York State Liquor Authority’s website to view a list of certified ATAP schools, which includes Learn2Seve by 360training.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records