About this Course
This course teaches you everything you need to responsibly sell and serve alcohol. Additionally, you’ll learn how to protect yourself and your employer from liability.
Our off-premises alcohol seller training covers a variety of topics, including blood alcohol concentration (BAC), when to refuse service to customers, best practices for dealing with intoxicated patrons, and much more.
To pass the course, you must score at least 70% on the final exam. Once you’re finished, you can print your certificate of completion right away!
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Check with your state/county/city
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Please note: this course may not be approved in your state, but you can still use it for informational purposes.
As of now, the course is NOT approved in Alabama; Alaska; California; Colorado; Delaware; Macon-Bibb County, Georgia; Hawaii; Boise, Idaho; Iowa; Maryland; Massachusetts; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Mexico; North Dakota cities of Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo, and Glyndon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Dakota; Tennessee; and the state of Washington.
We always recommend double-checking with your specific state/county/city and your employer for any additional training requirements you may need to comply with.
What’s the difference between on-premises and off-premises?
On-premises courses are intended for workers who serve alcohol that is meant to be consumed in the same location. Think restaurants, bars, wineries, hotels, casinos, and similar businesses.
Off-premises courses are intended for workers who sell alcohol that is meant to be consumed off-site. Think liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, and similar businesses.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records