About this Course
In Ohio, to apply for your Food Manager Certification, you must complete a training program that’s been approved by the Department of Health. Our training course meets these requirements.
Our food safety training reviews the important topics you need to understand to maintain a safe environment. You’ll learn about food safety issues, regulations, and techniques that will ensure you keep your customers and staff safe from foodborne illness.
Plus, if you are taking the course for the first time, it will help you prepare for the certification exam. Please note: This course does NOT provide you with a Food Manager Certification. You will need to also enroll in our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Exam to earn your official certification.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: Applying HACCP Principles to a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 12: Regulatory Compliance and Documentation
What You’ll Learn
- Discuss food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Identify food-borne illness and causes.
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Describe preservation and temperature control.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food
- Discuss cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
- Create and implement the HACCP system.
How do I verify that you’re an approved provider in Ohio?
You can find a list of approved providers on the Ohio Department of Health’s website where you will see Learn2Serve by 360training listed.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.