About this Course
This course will broaden your knowledge of Operating Room Protocols for HCIRs.
This course is designed for Health Care Industry representatives who function within a perioperative setting. Operating rooms have strict guidelines due to the safety concerns of patients. This course provides Health Care Industry representatives with the essential knowledge to properly advocate for both patient and workplace safety while maintaining the privacy and security of patients’ health information.
Upon passing your final exam, we'll provide a certificate of completion for your records. Plus, we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
What You'll Learn
- Explain the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule
- Identify methods of bloodborne pathogen transmission and prevention
- Explain the concept of a sterile field in the perioperative setting
- Review how a Health Care Industry Representative may function within the operating room
- Discuss what constitutes ethical interactions between a Health Care Industry Representative and a Health Care Professional
- Guidelines for HCIRs in the Perioperative Setting
- Legal Notice
- Purpose of Course
- Learning Objectives
- AORN Position Statement
- HIPAA Privacy and Security
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens and Prevention of Transmissible Infections
- Occupational Safety
- Biohazardous Waste
- Electrical Safety
- Hand Hygiene and Principles of Asepsis per AORN Guidelines
- Guidelines for Hand Hygiene
- Guidelines for Sterile Technique
- Practices to Reduce the Spread of Transmissible Infections
- Creating and Maintaining a Sterile Field
- AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals
- End of Course Exam
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records