About this Package
What is OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training?
If you’re a safety manager or supervisor, our OSHA 30-Hour Outreach for General Industry course is your guide to creating a culture of safety in your workplace. You'll get a comprehensive look at the policies, procedures, and standards covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.
You’ll learn about the basic elements of a workplace safety and health program and how to manage both. This includes understanding an employer's responsibilities for worker safety, as well as worker's rights to learn about the potential hazards of their job.
The course also covers all the hazards you might encounter in many different industries, from scaffolding to bloodborne pathogens. You'll learn about essential safety procedures like lockout/tagout protocols, machine guarding mechanisms, and industrial hygiene.
Who Should Take OSHA 30 General Industry Training?
This course is designed for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors, but all workers in general industries can benefit from it. Examples of these industries include manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and health care.
This course is NOT for the construction industry—there is a separate OSHA 30-Hour course that addresses the specific standards for construction.
360training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). 360training complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, 360training is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
What You Get
Official OSHA DOL card – shipped within 2 weeks
Who Should Take the Training?
Supervisors and managers in general industries
Courses Available 24/7
OSHA 29 CFR 1910
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Study Guide
- OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach
- Labels and SDS
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking & Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Emergency Action Plan
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Materials Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Permit-Required Confined Space
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding and Cutting
- Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- OSHA Recordkeeping
- Process Safety Management
- Asbestos in Workplace
How does taking OSHA Training online work?
All of our online OSHA training courses can be taken from the convenience of your home. Not only do our courses allow you to fulfill OSHA requirements at home, but they are also self-paced and can be completed whenever you wish within a year of your purchase.
What are OSHA’s Rules for 30-Hour Online Training?
For OSHA 30-Hour Outreach training programs, students must:
- Spend at least 1,800 minutes or 30 hours in the course.
- Only spend a maximum of 7 hours and 30 minutes in the course each day.
- Complete a survey evaluating the course upon completion.
- Pass all quizzes and the final exam with a score of at least 70% in three attempts or less.
- Only access the OSHA Outreach training within U.S. Jurisdiction.
After enrolling, your course is valid for 12 months, so you can access it any time during this period. However, after the first time you launch the course, OSHA rules state you must finish it, including the survey, within 6 months.
Additionally, if you fail all attempts at a quiz or the final exam, you will no longer be able to access the course.
I Finished the 30-Hour Outreach Training Course. When Will I Receive My Department of Labor (DOL) Card?
When you successfully complete the course and pass the final exam, you will receive a DOL card in the mail in 2 weeks.
How Do I Get Proof of Completion While I Am Waiting for My DOL Card?
Upon completion of the course, return to your "My Training" page and click the certificate icon. If you’ve completed the course requirements, you will be able to view and print your temporary certificate of completion.
Once I Receive My DOL Card, Does It Expire?
There is no expiration date on the DOL card. However, due to frequent changes in OSHA regulations we recommend you renew your training every 3-4 years.
Additionally, some states or employers may have their own renewal requirements. For example, New York and Nevada require you to retake the course every five years.
Please check with your employer or state for additional requirements.
What Can I Do If I Lose My DOL Card?
You may request a replacement DOL card by contacting our Support Team at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can order a replacement card online. Please be aware there is a fee for replacing a card.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Save on Training for Your Team
Discounts apply to as many courses as you need — no minimums or limitations!
- Your business needs flexibility to grow even when budgets are tight or complex. We're here to help.
- We let you purchase as many courses as you need at the discounted price, unlike other providers.
Bulk Order Calculator
- Access in-depth course completion reporting
- Enroll employees in courses they need
- Create unique training plans
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk
- Achieve companywide compliance goals
- Get help from a dedicated support team