About this Course
The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
Property management is a special category of real estate work. The term "property management" generally refers to the group of services that an owner hires a professional property manager or management firm to perform. The quality of management directly affects the profitability of the property being managed. A skilled property manager thus protects the owner's capital investment in real estate and makes sure that the property generates profit. In many cases, property managers must be licensed real estate brokers.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Introduction to Property Management
- Management Plans and Management Agreements
- A Property Manager's Typical Duties
- Interacting with Tenants
- Real Estate Practice
We will cover a property manager's basic functions, including administrative duties, leasing practices, and the manager's legal relationships with the owner and the tenants of the property. The course also discusses the way to construct a management agreement so that the manager and the owner clearly understand one another's roles. Licensees will benefit from understanding the various types of property management, as well as the duties that successful property managers must carry out.
The concluding lesson presents real-world dilemmas and concrete applications of the information presented in the rest of the course. As the student completes this module, he or she should try to develop a broad picture of property management and how it fits into the larger practice of real estate; the last lesson will help with this project by presenting comprehensive content questions, practice problems, and case studies.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Property Management
Lesson 2: Management Plans and Management Agreements
Lesson 3: A Property Manager's Typical Duties
Lesson 4: Interacting with Tenants
Lesson 5: Leases
Lesson 6: Real Estate Practice
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the duties when interacting with tenants
- Learn the basic functions including administrative duties, leasing practices and the managers legal relationships with the owner and the tenants of the property.
- Construct a management agreement so that the manager and the owner clearly understand one another's roles.
- Understand the various types of property management, as well as the duties that successful property managers must carry out.
|Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Michigan Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons
|2501 Woodlake Circle