About this Course
This course covers math principles essential in the practice of real estate. Some of these topics may already be familiar to the student. The course will elaborate on how the subject matter pertains to real estate in everyday use. It is important that licensees understand the mathematical concepts presented here in order to be competent in the practice of real estate. This course includes the following lessons:
- The Language of Math
- Measurement of Dimensions in Real Estate
- Financial Math
- Valuation Math
- Real Estate Practice
The course includes fractions, decimals and percentages: the mathematical language used to express many aspects of real estate practice. Area and volume will be discussed so that the licensee will be able to determine and express the amount of commodity in a particular parcel of realty. While not a real estate finance course, this course will review concepts of interest, amortization and loan rate and discount. These concepts must be understood fully so that the licensee may grasp the essential elements used in the purchase of and financing for real property. Additionally, the principle of prorating will depict the importance of time in the transfer of realty. The conclusion of this course offers real world examples and applications of the information presented. Upon completion of this course the student will comprehend the language and principles of mathematics necessary to successfully function in the practice of real estate.
Lesson 1: The Language of Math
Lesson 2: Measurement of Dimensions in Real Estate
Lesson 3: Financial Math
Lesson 4: Valuation Math
Lesson 5: Real Estate Practice
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Name key terms used in real estate math problems.
- Apply fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Translate fractions into decimal and percentage forms.
- Determine the area and volume of a given object or parcel.
- Manipulate the principles involved in rate calculations.
- Grasp the concept of amortization.
- Comprehend the principles of prorating and how to apply them.
- Understand and solve for appreciation and depreciation.
- Identify and apply calculation formulas to determine value and profit.
- Apply interest rates and loan discount rates.
- Use equations to calculate interest.
|Name:||Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Michigan Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons|
|Address:||2501 Woodlake Circle|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records