About this Course
If you're employed at a dispensary that sells cannabis for recreational or medicinal use, you need to understand the basic laws and rules that govern the cannabis industry. Our Responsible Cannabis Vendor Training course teaches you how to succeed as a budtender while complying with the law.
Plus, our cannabis handler training is the first, and as of now, the only ANSI-accredited course. So, you can be assured it meets the highest standards.
Within the course, you’ll learn about the regulating bodies that govern the cannabis industry, as well as:
- The different types of cannabis products and how they can affect users
- How to check ID cards to prevent the sale of cannabis to anyone underage
- Techniques for recognizing and safely handling impaired customers
Once you’ve completed the lessons and passed the final exam with at least 77%, you’ll get your certificate of completion.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Cannabis Establishment Basics
- Lesson 2: Compliance with the Law
- Lesson 3: Basic Site Safety
- Lesson 4: Preventing Unlawful Consumption
- Lesson 5: How to Determine Valid Identification
- Lesson 6: Effects and Types of Different Cannabis Products
- Lesson 7: Identifying Persons Impaired by Cannabis
What You’ll Learn
- Understand what cannabis is along with the laws and rules regarding cannabis
- Explain why retail licenses and handler permits are necessary and how to protect them
- Describe unlawful acts and the consequences and identify ways to prevent unlawful acts
- Know what to do to prevent administrative and criminal liability
- Become familiar with basic site safety for both retail cannabis establishments and delivery vehicles
- Know how medical cannabis works and the process for medical cannabis patients, caregivers, and physicians
- Understand what is and is not legal concerning the sale of recreational cannabis
- Identify the harm cannabis can cause to pregnant women, adolescents, and the elderly
- Know how to verify identification to avoid underage sales
- Recognize cannabis products and identify what is considered a cannabis edible
- Determine the appropriate dosage, overconsumption and who should avoid cannabis consumption and why
- Recognize the signs of cannabis abuse
- Identify a person impaired by cannabis and when impairment compromises the safety of others
- Learn how to politely but firmly refuse a sale to an intoxicated person
Is your responsible vendor training course approved in my state?
Our Responsible Vendor Training course is ANSI-accredited; however, it may not be approved in your state. While it’s still beneficial for informational purposes, double-check with your state regulations for any training course approval requirements.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.