About this Course
Unfortunately, school shootings have become a tragically common reality in this country. Preparing children for the possibility can help keep them safe if the worst should occur.
This free online course provides age-appropriate information for kids ages 6 to 12 explaining what a school shooting event is and how to prepare for it.
This online, interactive program was developed in consultation with Lindsay Loewe, LPC, NCC, a trauma-informed psychotherapist with over 12 years of experience working with children and families. It's designed to be taken under the close supervision of an adult and to keep kids feeling as safe and comfortable as possible while addressing a serious and scary subject.
This course includes an animated character that walks children through the content and activities. The material is self-paced, but we've built in regular breaks that give the supervising adult time to check in with the child and have conversations.
A brief assessment at the end of the course helps ensure that the child understands the most important safety training information.
What You'll Learn
By completing this course, children will:
- Learn what a school shooting is.
- Understand why some people behave violently.
- Learn how to stay safe during a school shooting.
- Learn how to cope with the trauma response to school shootings.
By completing this course, parents will:
- Understand how to talk to your child about a school shooting.
- Learn to recognize behavioral changes in your child.
- Learn how to help your child cope.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of HR, Ethics and Compliance courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records