About this Course
Agency relationships exist because real estate transactions are complex. Buyers and sellers need your expertise to help them complete a sale legally and ethically while maximizing profit and minimizing losses. Clients place trust in their agents to fulfill certain fiduciary duties and responsibilities.
In this course, we'll review the distinct categories of agency relationship. Each type of agency relationship offers its own means and degree of representation. Each comes with its own set of legal and ethical guidelines.
We'll cover services that are available to clients, as well as services that can be offered without creating agency. You'll learn about agreement to pay, offers of cooperation and compensation, and vicarious liability.
Finally, we'll discuss the principles of ethical behavior and present a model for ethical decision-making that can help you navigate dilemmas that will inevitably arise within an agency relationship.
This course satisfies 2 elective credits in South Carolina.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% Online, Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- The Agency Relationship
- Designated Agency
- Seller Agency
- Buyer Agency
- Dual Agency
- Customers vs. Clients
- Relationship between Broker and Licensees
- Services Offered to Clients
- Disclosure Requirements
- Agreement to Pay and the Agency Relationship
- Services Offered to Prospective Purchasers without Creating Agency
- Multiple Listing Associations
- Offers of Cooperation and Compensation
- Vicarious Liability and Imputed Knowledge
- Principles of Ethical Behavior
- Defining Ethics
- Generalities about Ethical Behavior
- Two Ethical Theories
- A Model for Ethical Decision-Making
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||South Carolina Real Estate Commission|
|Address:||Synergy Business Park110 Centerview Dr., Suite 201|