About this Course
This online course gives healthcare providers a guide to compliance with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act (known as The Sunshine Act or Section 6002 of the Affordable Care Act), as well as the Open Payments program.
If you’re a healthcare manufacturer, distributor, Group Purchasing Organization, or healthcare provider, it’s critical for you to understand what this legislation requires of you.
The Sunshine Act requires the disclosure of financial relationships between physicians or teaching hospitals and the manufacturers of drugs, medical devices, biologicals, or medical supplies. That means any payments or items of other value from the latter to the former need to be reported to the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
This course covers all 2021 updates to Sunshine Act.
At the end of this training, you'll get a certificate of completion and qualify for 0.1 IACET CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- What is the Physician Payments Sunshine Act?
- What is the Purpose of Open Payments?
- Who Must Participate in Open Payments? **updated for 2021**
- Important Dates for Open Payments **updated for 2021**
- Who Must Be Report On? **updated for 2021**
- Open Payments Reporting Requirements
- What Must be Reported? **updated for 2021**
- Direct vs. Indirect Payment
- Research Payments
- Ownership and Investment Interest
- What Information Must be Included in the Report? **updated for 2021**
- Nature of Payment **updated for 2021**
- What is Excluded from Reporting?
- Open Payments Reporting Process
- How Does Registration for Open Payment Work?
- Setting Up User Roles in Open Payments **updated for 2021**
- Data Submission and Attestation Process in Open Payments **updated for 2021**
- Dispute and Correction Process
- Audits and Penalties
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records