About this Course
Do you need to get TABC training for your job? Our Texas seller-server course will get you certified fast. The training teaches you how to responsibly sell alcohol to protect yourself and your employer from liability.
The course consists of four lessons where you’ll learn about important topics, such as the definition of blood alcohol content (BAC), how to check if someone is underage, ways to refuse service to intoxicated customers, and more.
Once you complete the lessons and pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%, you'll get an official TABC Certification online that you can print right away!
What You Get
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: TABC Seller-Server Training Overview
- Lesson 2: Minors and Alcohol Sales
- Lesson 3: Intoxicated Persons and Alcohol Sales
- Lesson 4: Alcohol To-Go, Delivery and Other Permits
What You’ll Learn
- Define industry specific terminologies and their usage.
- Identify the purpose, goals, and rules for seller-server training and certification.
- Discuss the role of a seller-server in enhancement of public safety.
- Demonstrate how to check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Use observations to detect if a minor is attempting to purchase alcohol.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Explain how seller-servers are responsible for the acts of their customers (Dram Shop Act).
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Recall factors that affect BAC in individuals.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Illustrate how to refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Summarize the responsibilities and obligations of seller-servers under the Texas law concerned with preventing alcohol sales to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club.
- Identify the requirements for selling an alcoholic beverage for delivery and to-go orders.
How long does it take to finish my training?
For most people, the course takes about two hours. Our online TABC certification training course is self-paced, so you can take the time you need to understand the material and take breaks whenever you want. Plus, the course is available 24/7, so you can access it any time.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
You have two attempts to pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%. If you fail, you will need to re-purchase the course and start over.
What are the certification renewal requirements?
Your TABC certification expires two years after the issue date. The only way to renew your certification is to retake TABC training. Unfortunately, there's no way to test out or take a shorter refresher training.
How do I check that your course is approved by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission?
Our provider ID is #454-508. You can confirm our authorization on the TABC website. We're listed as Learn2Serve.
Is there a way for my employer to verify my TABC training?
Once you complete your online TABC certification course and pass the final exam, we will report it to TABC within 8-9 days. Your employer can then verify your certification on the TABC’s Certificate Inquiry page.
However, you can also print a copy anytime from your account. If you have any trouble, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
When does my Texas seller-server course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
Again, for TABC certificate renewal requirements, you must retake the course every two years.
What if I need a refund for my TABC training?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records