About this Course
If you work at a retail food store designated as a responsible vendor, the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires that you complete responsible beer vendor training. Additionally, the TABC also recommends that you complete training if you work at an off-premise beer retailer.
Our training course ensures you can meet these requirements. You’ll learn how to protect yourself and your employer from liability by refusing a sale to intoxicated customers, checking ID cards to prevent underage sales, and much more.
As soon as you complete the lessons, you can take the final exam. To pass, you need to score at least 75%. Then, you’ll earn your certificate.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Name: Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC)
Phone: (615) 741-1602
Website URL: https://www.tennessee.gov/abc/
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 226 Capital Blvd Suite 300
This program is designed for clerks at retail alcohol establishments (not restaurants) and has been approved by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission as currently satisfying the requirements in the Responsible Vendor Training Program as defined at T.C.A. § 57-3-818.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.