About this Course
Our tobacco seller course covers the regulations for selling tobacco outlined in the Tobacco Control Act and why it’s so important to protect the health of consumers.
You’ll also learn best practices for preventing anyone underage from accessing tobacco, how to properly card tobacco purchasers, and tips for explaining tobacco-related health risks.
To get your certificate of completion, you must complete the lessons and score at least 70% on the final exam.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: The Tobacco Control Act, Part 1
- Lesson 2: The Tobacco Control Act, Part 2
- Lesson 3: Health Effects of Youth Tobacco Use
- Lesson 4: Written Company Policies
- Lesson 5: Refusing Sales
- Lesson 6: E-Cigarettes
What You’ll Learn
- Describe the regulations placed on the manufacture, production, marketing, advertising, and promotion of cigarettes, and other tobacco-related products.
- Examine the numerous health risks associated with cigarette smoking and the use of tobacco-containing products.
- Identify the ways in which children should be protected from cigarette and tobacco-related promotions.
- Describe the proper procedures for carding people who appear to be underage before selling tobacco products to them.
- Explain e-cigarettes and the current lack of laws surrounding this new "alternative" to smoking.
- Define the dangers involved in smoking e-cigarettes and learn about the concerns shared by the American Lung Association, FDA, and Centers for Disease Control regarding e-cigarettes.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
You have NOT:
Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.