About this Course
If you’re applying to become an Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) manager, the District of Columbia mandates that you complete an approved alcohol awareness training. Our on-premises course satisfies this requirement.
Moreover, this course is valuable for anyone working at a bar or restaurant who need to learn the laws for responsibly selling and serving alcohol.
Within the training, you’ll learn techniques for checking ID cards, preventing the sale of alcohol to minors, handling intoxicated customers, and marketing alcoholic beverages.
To pass the course and earn your certificate, you must score at least 70% on the final exam.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 7: Washington D.C. Specific Regulations
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Name: District of Columbia - Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration
Address: 2000 14th Street, NW, S400
City: Washington, D.C.
Are you an approved provider of alcohol training in Washington D.C.?
Yes. We are an approved provider in Washington D.C. You can visit the District of Columbia's Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration's website to view a list of training providers, which includes Learn2Seve by 360training.
What’s the difference between on-premises and off-premises?
On-premises courses are intended for workers who serve alcohol that is meant to be consumed in the same location. Think restaurants, bars, wineries, hotels, casinos, and similar businesses.
Off-premises courses are intended for workers who sell alcohol that is meant to be consumed off-site. Think liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, and similar businesses.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.