About this Course
To get your alcoholic beverage license, such as an operator or retail license, in Wisconsin, you must first complete responsible beverage training from an approved provider. Our alcohol training course satisfies this requirement.
In addition to meeting your training requirements, the course also helps you better understand the state’s alcohol laws. You’ll learn about various topics, such as:
- Opening and closing hours
- What can happen when you sell to minors
- How to maintain a safe environment
- Techniques for refusing a sale
- Checking ID cards for tobacco purchases.
Once you complete all the lessons and before proceeding to the final exam, please note that the Wisconsin Department of Revenue requires all Wisconsin residents to complete and pass a short online Tobacco Check-Test. The final exam must be passed with an 80% or higher before a certificate of completion is issued.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 7: Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
- Lesson 8: Tobacco Sales and Wisconsin Law
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Discuss the unique challenges in carding for tobacco.
- Identify Wisconsin tobacco-related laws and regulations.
Name: Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: P.O Box 8933
Is the certificate you provide my Wisconsin bartender’s license?
No. To get your official bartender’s license, also called an operator’s license, you must complete an application in writing to the municipality where you intend to work serving alcoholic beverages.
To apply for your bartender’s license, you do need to complete an approved responsible beverage training course, like the one we offer at Learn2Serve by 360training. And you can use the certificate of completion we provide at the end of your course once you pass the final exam as proof of training.
To learn more about the specific regulations for getting your retail or operator license, please visit the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s website.
How can I check that you are an approved training vendor in Wisconsin?
The Department of Revenue has a list of approved alcohol seller-server training vendors on its website, which includes Learn2Serve by 360training.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
|Name:||Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section|
|Address:||Mail Stop 6-40 P.O. Box 8933|