SST 1-Hour Ergonomics
Discover the importance of ergonomic hazards on the worksite and prevent musculoskeletal injuries. Enroll in this course today to earn credit for your SST card!
Provider ID Number: 4T02
This is a 360training course. 360training is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
Includes: Certificate of Completion
Credit Type: SST - Specialized Elective Course (0.1 CEUs)
Credit: 1 Hour(s) | Language: English
About this Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
Working in construction often requires the management of intense physical demands. Moving heavy loads and performing repetitive, strenuous tasks can place employees in danger of serious injury.
Work-related musculoskeletal injuries can happen with any maneuver that is performed incorrectly. Many construction workers face strains, sprains, and other injuries as the result of very common actions like lifting, kneeling, stooping, stretching, twisting, gripping, reaching overhead, or adjusting to awkward positions. Serious injuries such as back problems, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, rotator cuff tears, sprains, and strains are common.
This course provides information on:
- An understanding of ergonomics
- Identifying potential musculoskeletal hazards on the job site
- Uncovering ways to prevent possible musculoskeletal injuries
- Outlining ways to increase productivity and reduce risks
This course fulfills 1 hour of general elective credit toward earning or renewing your Site Safety Training (SST) card.
After completing the lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you'll receive a certificate of completion. You get three attempts to pass the final exam.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an awareness-level orientation ONLY. Your employers must provide you with specific training on:
- Using equipment that can cause musculoskeletal disorders
- Any daily work activity with associated musculoskeletal hazards
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- Why is ergonomics important?
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Are you increasing your risk?
- Effective Work Practices and Controls
- Define ergonomics
- Define and explain the term musculoskeletal disorder (MSD)
- Identify the risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders
- Recognize ergonomic hazards and how to avoid becoming injured
- Identify solutions to prevent or minimize musculoskeletal disorders
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||New York City Department of Buildings|
|Phone:||212 393 2214|
|Address:||Buildings University, 280 Broadway|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health and Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records