DEWALT Respirable Crystalline Silica Safety Awareness
Familiarize yourself with OSHA's updated silica dust standard and protect yourself against respiratory illness. Learn exposure assessment and control. Start now!
Includes: Certificate of Completion
About this Course
Respirable crystalline silica dust is a very small particle of hazardous dust produced by drilling, crushing, cutting, or grinding rocks. Exposure to the dust has been linked to several medical conditions and even death.
OSHA estimates 2.3 million American workers are exposed to respirable crystalline silica within their job site or manufacturing plant; over 80% of exposed workers are in the construction industry. Exposure to respirable crystalline silica is a health concern for exposed workers.
This course covers recent updates the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) made to the respirable silica standard. These updates increase the protection of workers through:
1. Exposure identification sampling
2. Medical evaluations
3. Continued medical surveillance
4. Lower Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
5. Specific guidelines for common construction tasks
6. Requiring a silica exposure control program
7. Addressing appropriate hazard exposure control
Who should take Respirable Crystalline Silica Safety Awareness?
If you are potentially exposed to respirable crystalline silica dust at your worksite, OSHA requires you to complete this course.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
Easy-to-use LMS for anyone
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Health Hazards of Silica Exposures
- Exposure Limits and Specific Construction Task Identified in Task 1 of the Standard
- Exposure Assessment Options
- Exposure Control Options
- Hazard Communication
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health and Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records