16-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 16 Hour(s)
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: Employees working on sites covered by EM385 regulations
There are no prerequisites to take this course, although it is beneficial to have already taken an OSHA outreach course in General Industry or Construction.
For every contractor and their employees working on sites using EM385 regulations, training on the specific requirements must be done in order to ensure compliance. EM385-1-1, the Engineers Manual released by the US Army Corps of Engineers, outlines the standards that must be followed to ensure the safest possible worksite on military and other projects. Learn how it differs from CFR 1910 and 1926 regulations, and what additional steps must be taken by your team to ensure a safe worksite.
Since noncompliance with EM385 regulations can carry heavy fines on the jobsite, it is important that each team member gets the proper training. This 16-hour course is 100% online, and provides all the training needed for an employee that is in a non-supervisory role.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand how to comply with EM385 Regulations
- Know where it differs from CFR 1910 and CFR 1926
- Understand how to read and follow a site-specific Accident Prevention Plans (APPs)
- Identify the SSHOs on site
- Follow and complete an Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs)
- Safely navigate themselves on sites under EM385 regulations
- Major changes to the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1
- Material Handling, Storage, and Disposal
- Fall Protection
- Ladders and working at heights
- Confined Space
- Excavation, Trenching, and more!
Subject Matter Expert
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
What is the 16-Hour EM 385 Training Course?
The 16-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health Course offered by 360Training.com is a requirement for all contractors and employees working on sites covered by EM385 regulations.
EM 385 Training is necessary to ensure compliance with the standards released by the US Army Corps of Engineers [USACE]. It helps keep the worksite safe by teaching students how to:
1. Identify, select, and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment [PPE]
2. Properly handle, store, and dispose of potentially hazardous materials
3. Protect themselves from falls by using the correct equipment and methods
4. Keep themselves safe and healthy when working at heights, in confined spaces, and / or during activities such as excavation and trenching
Once the EM 385 Online 16 Hours Training is completed, students will be able to understand EM 385 regulations, identify on-site SSHOs, follow and complete Activity Hazard Analysis [AHAs] and Accident Prevention Plans
[APPs], and navigate safely through hazardous worksites.
Course participants will receive a certificate of completion once they have passed all quizzes and the final exam with a score of at least 70%. The EM 385 Training, and all other courses offered by 360Training.com, are entirely online and can thus be completed at the student's convenience, at their own schedule and from any location with internet access.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
16+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.