24-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 24 Hour(s)
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
For every contractor and their employees working on sites using EM385 regulations, training on the specific requirements must be done in order to ensure compliance. EM385-1-1, the Engineers Manual released by the US Army Corps of Engineers, outlines the standards that must be followed to ensure the safest possible worksite on military and other projects. Learn how it differs from CFR 1910 and 1926 regulations, and what additional steps must be taken by your team to ensure a safe worksite.
Since noncompliance with EM385 regulations can carry heavy fines on the jobsite, it is important that each team member gets the proper training. This 24-hour course is 100% online, and provides all the training needed for a supervisor or manager to lead their team.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Enhance the awareness of Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHOs) and other project personnel performing work on Federal construction, service, and environmental contracts, and to provide all contractor on-site personnel an opportunity to obtain adequate knowledge to assess unsafe worksite conditions.
- How to properly prepare a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- How to effectively serve as a site safety health official (SSHO).
- Know what are the SSHO qualifications and responsibilities.
- Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms and their development.
- Site personnel training, incident response and reporting procedures, jobsite auditing, and hazard communication.
Students taking this EM 385-1-1 Safety & Health Topics online course will learn the following topics. More detailed and focused objectives are described within the content of each of the topics.
1. Identify the major changes found in the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1.
2. Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM 385-1-1.
3. Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal.
4. Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection.
5. Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings.
6. Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities.
7. Describe safe use of hand and power tools.
End of Course Instructions
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
16+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.