40-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
1 Learner Reviews -
12 Days of Savings! Get 5% Off until 12/25. Discount Applied in Cart.
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 40 Hour(s)
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
This training provides a comprehensive look at all regulations outlined in the EM 385-1-1 manual. Completing this course will support worker compliance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor Safety and Health Requirements. EM 385-1-1 compliance is required by all contractors working on military contracts and projects.
This course is for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply to the EM385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health requirements. This class is taught by experienced instructors with hands-on experience whom will share "real life" scenarios. This Forty (40) hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM 385-1-1 and pertinent Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards for contractors, military and government employees.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Enhance the awareness of Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHOs) and other project personnel performing work on Federal construction, service, and environmental contracts, and to provide all contractor on-site personnel an opportunity to obtain adequate knowledge to assess unsafe worksite conditions.
- How to properly prepare a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- How to effectively serve as a site safety health official (SSHO).
- Know what are the SSHO qualifications and responsibilities.
- Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms and their development.
- Site personnel training, incident response and reporting procedures, jobsite auditing, and hazard communication.
1. Identify the major changes found in the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1.
2. Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM 385-1-1.
3. Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal.
4. Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection.
5. Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings.
6. Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities.
7. Describe safe use of hand and power tools
Subject Matter Expert
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page.
At the end of each lesson you required to take a knowledge which must be passed with an 70% or higher to proceed to the next lesson
Save Big With Group Enrollment
11+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.