OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach
21 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 30
The OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety training program designed for anyone involved in general industry. Specifically designed for safety directors, foremen, and supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. In addition to learning about safety and health hazards in the workplace, students will also learn about OSHA, employer responsibilities, and worker rights. Students will also learn about:
- Hazard recognition
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. Employees must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Students are automatically upgraded to a plastic DOL wallet card. These plastic cards are strong, durable, and won‘t tear. Plus, they are easier to carry, harder to lose, and fit into any wallet like a credit card or driver‘s license. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be shipped their course completion card within 2 weeks.
The 30 hr General Industry Outreach Course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or OSHA 501 courses.
Curtis Chambers OSHAtrainer@360training.com
- Understand the OSH Act, the functions and resources of OSHA
- Become aware of the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- Learn the major hazards associated with general industry work and how to avoid, protect or control them. This includes:
- Slips, trips, falls associated with walking and working surfaces
- Effective Egress and fire protection program
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Flammable and combustible liquids and gasses
- Hazards of chemicals
- Electrical hazards
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage and limitations
- Learn the basic elements of a safety and health program
- Labels and SDS
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA
- Module 2: Managing Safety and Health
- Module 3: Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Module 4: Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans and Fire Protection
- Module 5: Electrical
- Module 6: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 7: Materials Handling
- Module 8: Hazard Communication
- Module 9: Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Module 10: Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Module 11: Lockout / Tagout
- Module 12: Machine Guarding
- Module 13: Welding and Cutting
- Module 14: Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Module 15: Bloodborne Pathogens
- Module 16: Ergonomics
- Module 17: Fall Protection
- Module 18: Safety and Health Programs
- Module 19: OSHA Recordkeeping
- Module 20: Process Safety Management
- Module 21: Asbestos in Workplace
- Module 22: Scaffolding
- Module 23: Hazwoper
OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Training Program - General Industry - Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- (800) 321-OSHA
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 200 Constitution Avenue
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. No quiz can be failed three times, if you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
360training.com, an OSHA-authorized outreach training provider, has developed the 30-Hour OSHA General Industry Outreach Training in collaboration with subject matter experts. This self-paced and interactive course meets the training requirements for workers who are covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.
Using the latest regulatory standards as a guide, the 30-hour OSHA training program also features how to recognize, minimize, prevent and address occupational health and safety hazards in general industries—including manufacturing, healthcare, warehouse, retail, and distribution.
Who Should Take OSHA 30 Classes?
OSHA 30-hour course is ideal for supervisors, foremen, engineers, and managers of general industry workers. It is often taken to meet employer and state requirements for safety training. Additional training may be necessary, depending on job-specific hazards and regulatory requirements. There is no prerequisite for this course.
What Happens Next?
Actual training takes at least 30 hours to complete. To pass the after-module quizzes and the final exam, you must have a minimum score of 70%. You will have 3 attempts to achieve a passing rate.
Upon completing the online course and the corresponding survey, you may be able to print the training certificate in a matter of clicks. The official OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card - a widely accepted documentation of training will be shipped within 2 weeks of course completion.
Please be advised that the 30-Hour OSHA General Industry Outreach Training is not equivalent to the 510 or 511 courses and does not meet the prerequisites of OSHA 500 or OSHA 501 courses. Contact local regulatory authorities for more training guidelines.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
31+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.