HAZWOPER 40 Hour Plus GHS Hazardous Communication
325 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 41
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Employees exposed to hazardous substances, clean-up, treatment, storage and disposal. Workers involved in an emergency response operation.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Summarize Site Characterization
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand Chemicals and the hazards they present in the workplace
- Summarize the components of OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard and the steps for any Hazard Communication Program
- Identify radiation hazards and different types of radiation
- Identify different types of respiratory equipment
- Understand Protection Factors
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE
- Understand the characteristics of each work zone
- List the elements of site security
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and methods
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the types and methods of air monitoring
- Understand confined space permit system; be able to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, types of ventilation and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|GHS and OSHA Hazardous Communication||Environmental Health and Safety|
|HAZWOPER 40 HR||Environmental Health and Safety|
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Training Program
- Medical Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sanitation at Temporary Workplaces
- Handling Drums and Containers
- Emergency Response Plan
Subject Matter Expert
End of Course Instructions
HAZWOPER 40-Hour Plus GHS Hazardous Communication
What is the 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training?
Before employees may engage in hazardous waste operations, they must complete 40 hours of safety training and undergo 3 days of supervised field experience. 360tranining.com’s 40-hour HAZWOPER course meets the initial training requirements for general site workers who are covered by OSHA’s 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v) regulations.
This online HAZWOPER 40-hour training is packed with 24 self-paced modules about the essentials of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. It features over 30 learning activities—including videos, quizzes, and even an interactive flash game—to improve engagement and recall. The package also includes the most recent updates of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication.
Who Should Take This Course?
The eLearning pioneer’s HAZWOPER 40 training is ideal for on-site workers who may be exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous wastes and substances on a regular basis:
- Workers engaged in cleanup and emergency operations at hazardous waste sites
- Workers involved in the storage, disposal or treatment of hazardous substances and materials
Supplementary training may be necessary, depending on site-specific hazards and regulations. There are no course prerequisites for this HAZWOPER training. Reach out to local regulatory bodies for complete training guidelines.
What Lies Ahead?
Students must have a minimum score of 70% to pass the quizzes and the final exam. Upon completing the course, employees will receive a training documentation that is recognized by employers and regulatory authorities nationwide. Take the first step towards HAZWOPER safety at 360training.com! Contact us for more information about the HAZWOPER 40-hour training.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
31+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.