Florida Food Service Employee Training
- Course Delivery: On Demand
Food Safety First!
Food Safety First! is a uniquely effective way to train food workers in food safety. The five-part video series uses colorful characters, humor and an interesting storyline to engage workers in a non-threatening manner. Food Safety First! is technically accurate and gives practical examples of the key food safety issues in foodservice. Students progress through five video segments including the top ten causes of foodborne illness, personal hygiene, time and temperature abuse, preventing cross contamination, and cleaning and sanitizing. Each segment contains a quiz that employees must challenge as they navigate through the course, along with a final exam to test learning.
Food Safety First! Is an approved food worker training program, meeting all requirements of Chapter 509 of the Florida Administrative Code.
360training.com and Learn2Serve have partnered with Environ Health Associates, Inc., the sole owner of the course and the approved vendor for the program.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Identify food-borne illness and what causes it
- Describe biological, physical, and chemical contamination
- Explain preservation and temperature control
- Examine the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace
- Define cleaning, sanitization, pest control, and facility design
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Personal Hygiene
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Prevention and Temperature/Time Control
Lesson 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Lesson 6: Pest Control
Florida Food Service Employee Training - Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels & Restaurants
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels & Restaurants
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1940 N. Monroe St.
End of Course Instructions
The certificate of completion will be available for download upon successful completion and passing of the final exam. The certificate may be presented to any authorized agent of the state of Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants who asks to see it. Additionally, we have notified the state by reporting to the state maintained database. If you are outside the state of Florida, the same requirements may be in force, check with your regulatory authority for specific requirements in your jurisdiction and remember to always keep Food Safety First!
Each quiz must be passed with a minimum of 70 percent to proceed to the next lesson.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
50+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.