This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques needed to be a responsible seller/server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales and loitering; and how to refuse a sale. Lastly, the course explains the requirements for the North Carolina retailers, and identifies the requirements a licensee must meet to become retain his license to serve alcohol in North Carolina. You'll learn about North Carolina's dram shop laws, as well as which actions constitute penalties of the state law, including the penalties for those that serve underage persons in North Carolina. This course also covers the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Commission's responsibilities and powers, as well as the requirements established in the ABC Commission's Administrative Regulations.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID. Recognize second-party sales.
This course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
North Carolina Alcohol Seller-Server - North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission
- North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 4307 Mail Service Center
End of Course Instructions
At the completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Each quiz must be passed with a 70 percent or higher in order to proceed to the next lesson.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.