Illinois Food Handler Certificate
State Approved Illinois Food Handler Course - All Counties:
This course is a basic review of food safety practices for food service employees. This course is recommended for all food industry employees, which can assist employees in the implementation of safe food handling practices at their food establishment. The Illinois Department of State Health Services recognizes and has approved this Learn2serve.com Food Handler's Course. All students must present their completion certificate to their local health authority and must pay the required fees associated with registration at their local authority. THE COURSE FEE DOES NOT COVER ANY FEES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – Approved Provider #14-071
- 100% online – no classroom attendance required.
- ANSI ASTM Accredited – Approved Provider #0975
- Recognized by more major corporations as the online compliance training resource.
- Bulk pricing available for any size business.
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide. Get licensed today!
What your registration includes:
- Quick, simple, and convenient online Food Handler course.
- Desktop and mobile-friendly online training course and exam.
- Official, printable Illinois Food Handler Card – Valid for 3 years
- Self-paced course – Follow your own schedule!
- Engaging, enjoyable, and fully interactive training.
- Unlimited 24x7 online chat and toll free phone support.
2 Hour Illinois Food Handler Course
Meet state requirements with this interactive training course!
|Course Name||Course Delivery||Credit Hours||Credit Type||Price||QTY|
|Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course (ANSI Accredited)||2* Hour(s)||$10.00 $7.00||Add to Cart|
|Learn2Serve Programa de Certificado de Capacitación para Manipuladores de Alimentos||2 hrs||Certificate||$12.50 $7.00||Add to Cart|
*indicates Course Duration. This Course is not for Credit Hours.
Please click on View Package Details below for more information.
Get your Food Handler Training and BASSET Permit together and Save $1! This Illinois BASSET course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible sell...
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Seller-Server
- Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course (ANSI Accredited)
What is a Food Handler Certificate?
If you work at a restaurant or handle food in a food selling or serving establishment, you'll need a Food Handler Training course.Learn More
Food Handler Training Certificate:
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety handling and serving principles. Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion.
The purpose and goal of the Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Certificate is to provide individuals working in restaurants and non–restaurant facilities with an overview of food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food–safe environment. These individuals will also be able to better understand how handling food correctly reduces risks.
This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food–safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is required by law and how it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
This training course is designed to prepare individuals in the Safe Handling of Food.
This course is ANSI accredited and complies with ASTM e2659 standards. The course is recognized in most states and counties, but it is always best to check with your local authorities to be sure you complete any additional local registration, fees, or applications.
If you are in Utah, Florida, Ohio, or San Diego County, please look for our other courses for those areas. This course is not recognized for certification in Washington State, Oregon, or Clark County/Southern Nevada Health District, but is useful in preparing for the SNHD Test, and is valid in other parts of Nevada.
Program Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
- Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
- Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
- Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
- Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
- Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
- Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
- Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
In order to successfully obtain a Certificate for this course, you must effectively complete each lesson and pass the final exam at the end of the course. The lessons will cover material that ensure that the program learning outcomes are met.
The course requires a minimum 90–minute participation time to be eligible to take the final exam. Our system will restrict access to the final exam until this time participation requirement is met.
There will be a total of 45 questions covered in this final exam with a 70% passing score necessary for successful completion.
The passing of the exam is necessary to have successfully completed the course and to earn your certificate. Should you fail the exam the first time, you will be given another attempt to pass the exam. A second exam failure will result in you having to retake the course before attempting the assessment again.
Cancellation / Refund Policy:
Qualifications of Content Personnel:
The course content was developed by a former Senior Executive who had a long tenure at one of the world's largest publisher which also provides educational content and educational technology platforms.
The content has been updated over time through the help of individuals who are currently employed in the Restaurant & Food Safety industry at Senior–Level Executive roles as well as those who are involved in the Higher Education industry.
Upon successfully completing this course, your certificate will enable you to show proof of training to obtain further licensing if necessary. In many States, this certificate is not the actual Food Handler License, so you must always check with your local Health Department in charge of issuing these.
What is Food Manager Certification?
A Food Manager Certification is designed for mid-level or experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as restaurant managers, produce managers, c-store managers, etc.Learn More
Food Manager Certification:
A Food Manager Certification is designed for mid-level or experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as restaurant managers, produce managers, c-store managers, etc. With the Food Manager Certification Exam there are no required courses or training requirements leading up to the exam (unless jurisdiction requirements stipulate otherwise). The learner is assessed based on their knowledge of a set of concepts.
Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will earn their Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) designation (or CFP). This acronym can be added to the individual's name. The certification is valid for a period of three to five years. At the end of the certification period, recertification will be required.Close