Illinois BASSET + Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Certificate Program
362 Learner Reviews -
Back-to-School Savings! Limited Time Offer - Get up to 5% Off on Select Products. Offer expires 8/15.
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 6
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: Required for those individuals that work in restaurants and other non-restaurant facilities such as nursing homes, licensed day care homes and facilities, hospitals, schools, and long-term care facilities. Along with those individuals serving or selling alcohol to the public.
The Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course (ANSI Accredited) covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks. The Learn2Serve Food Handler Training was developed by 360training in conjunction with the Food Handler Training Certificate Program Oversight Committee. 360training has over 15 years of experience developing and delivering food safety training programs across the United States. The 360training Oversight Committee consists of three food managers from the food and beverage industry. These members review processes and procedures, the Certificate Program Plan (including the curriculum, program evaluations, and final exam), and an annual Program Evaluation to ensure that 360training adheres to the ANSI ASTM E2659 Standards.
After completing the Illinois BASSET course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales
At the conclusion of Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course, you should be able to:
1. Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
2. Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
3. Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
4. Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
5. Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
6. Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
7. Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
8. Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|Illinois BASSET Alcohol Seller-Server||Food and Beverage Programs|
|Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course (ANSI Accredited)||Food and Beverage Programs|
The following topics will be covered in the Illinois BASSET course:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: State of Illinois Alcohol-Related Laws
The following topics will be discussed in the Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course:Lesson 1: Introduction to food safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
End of Course Instructions
Your BASSET Permit will be mailed to your billing address in 2-4 weeks, and your permit can also be found on the BASSET website.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
50+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.