Texas Food Handler Training Course
587 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 2
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Certificate
- Difficulty: Beginner
This course is a basic review of food safety practices for food service employees. This course is recommended for all food industry employees, which can assist employees implement safe food handling practices at their food establishment. The Texas Department of State Health Services recognizes and has approved this Learn2serve.com Food Handler's Course. All students must present their completion certificate to their local health authority and must pay the required fees associated with registration at their local authority. The course fees do not cover the any fees associated with your local health department.
All employees that work in the food and beverage industry are required by the state of Texas and ANSI to complete the Food Handler training course. The course is intended to educate employees about food safety principles and practices relevant to Texas. It is accessible online through accredited learning sites like Learn2serve, which offer the DSHS-approved Texas Food Handler Training program and exam that must be completed in order to get certified.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to effectively:
- Discuss food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Identify foodborne illness and its causes.
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Describe temperature control.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Discuss cleaning and sanitization.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Illness, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Temperature and Time Control
Lesson 5: Employee Heath, Hygiene, and Training
Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Texas Food Handler Training Course - Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1100 W. 49th St
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
50+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.