This course presents a more advanced look at ethical behavior in the workplace. First, the course discusses the concept of workplace bullying. You will learn about the serious toll that bullying takes on those being bullied and on the productivity of a company. You will also learn how to spot a workplace bully and how this behavior can be prevented.
Next, this course introduces tips and techniques to assist in the appropriate handling of employee concerns and complaints. Similarly, the course also discusses the concept of an open door policy and the advantages and disadvantages this type of policy can have on a business and its employees. In addition, this course introduces the concept of ethical leadership, which is an integral part of any business.
Finally, this course reviews the concept of a multigenerational workforce. You will learn some of the many benefits of a multigenerational workforce, as well as some of the problems that commonly occur when people of varying ages work together.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define workplace bullying.
- Describe the affects of bullying on companies and on those being bullied.
- Describe how bullying can be prevented.
- Summarize common employee concerns.
- Recognize what's at stake for employees when they voice their concerns.
- Describe how employee voice can be made more effective.
- Define open door policies.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of an open door policy
- Describe the benefits of ethical leadership.
- Summarize the eight tools of ethical leadership.
- Describe some of the benefits of a multigenerational workforce.
- List some of the characteristics of the WWII, Baby Boomer, Gen X, and Millennial generations.
- Compose a company policy that builds on the strengths of a multigenerational workforce.
This lesson focuses on the following topics:
- How Bullying Gets Started
- What Employers Can Do to Combat Bullying
- Appropriately Handling Employee Concerns
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Door Policies
- When to Bypass the Boss
- Building an Effective Open Door Policy
- Core Principles of Ethics
- Leaders Examples of Possible Unethical Behavior
- A Multigenerational Workforce
- Common Characteristics Among Generations
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.