The objective of this course is to answer this: How must the real estate profession change to make itself relevant to what will prove to be a radically more challenging future? This course will explore in detail the workings of human ecosystems, what it takes to achieve long-term sustainability and well-being, how we are falling short, and the role of an ethical, environmentally responsible real estate professional in helping turn things around
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the rationale for a human ecology curriculum; Describe how the real estate profession will need to change to make itself relevant to what will prove to be a radically more challenging future; Summarize the scientific perspective on human ecosystems
- Explain the concept of productivity in human ecosystems; Identify the motivation for productive behavior; Discuss the ecological order; Summarize the economic order; Describe social productivity
- Discuss the importance of sustainability strategies; Explain the community strategy; Summarize the role of mitigating conflicts in sustainability; Define sociality, empathy, altruism; Discuss the importance of stability and predictability; List the real estate classifications
- Summarize the importance of experimentation and adaptation; Identify the role of leadership in sustainability; Discuss productive investment; Define resource efficiencies; Recall effective long-term human ecosystem monitoring data
- Define sustainability and equity; Describe how to assess unsustainability by looking at the global food supply and climate change
- Discuss the effects of climate change; Identify the problems regarding the global energy and water supply; Define stewardship
- Describe the historical concept of a professional; Explain why real estate agents should learn about sustainability; Discuss the importance of professional ethics; Summarize real estate history
- Discuss the history and future of real estate; Describe the interaction between ethics, sustainability, and the real estate profession
This course covers the following topics:
- Structure and Function of Human Ecosystems: Part I
- Structure and Function of Human Ecosystems: Part II
- Strategies for Sustainability: Part I
- Strategies for Sustainability: Part II
- Sustainability: Part I
- Sustainability: Part II
- Professional Ethics for a Sustainable World: Part I
- Professional Ethics for a Sustainable World: Part II
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on successfully finishing your course! These credits count toward your Georgia Real Estate Continuing Education requirement, and your school of record will submit your credits to the commission upon receipt of the Course Evaluation Form. You should now print a copy of your certificate of completion to keep for your own records. Thank you!
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.