Harassment and Discrimination for Employees (Comprehensive Course)
8 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 2
This course begins with the topic of sexual harassment in the workplace, which is illegal. In this course you will learn about some of the misconceptions associated with sexual harassment and how best to handle situations in which you are being harassed. Next, this course discusses the topics of quid pro quo sexual harassment and hostile environments. In this course you will learn what quid pro quo sexual harassment is and how hostile environments are created, with tips on creating a sexual harassment policy that will lessen the chances of either form of harassment occurring. In addition, this course introduces the concept of discrimination in the workplace. As you will learn, it is illegal to discriminate against employees and prospective employees in the workplace. There are eight different types of discrimination, all of which you will learn about in this course. This course also details the Americans with Disabilities Act, which outlines the workplace rights of Americans with disabilities. In this course, you will learn what constitutes a disability as outlined by the ADA and you will learn about various types of disabilities. This course will also help you determine when accommodations should be made for a disabled employee.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define “sexual harassment,” as outlined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Summarize common misconceptions associated with sexual harassment.
- Identify if your behavior is inappropriate or making others uncomfortable.
- Outline how best to approach someone who is harassing you and what should be said to them.
- Outline the steps that should be taken if you don't feel comfortable approaching your harasser with your feelings about the situation.
- Describe quid pro quo harassment.
- Describe some of the attributes of a hostile work environment
- Identify when sexual harassment in the form of quid pro quo or hostile environment is occurring.
- Define “discrimination,” as outlined by the law.
- List the eight criteria it is illegal to base hiring and firing decisions on in the workplace because it is considered discrimination.
- Define “disability,” as outlined by the ADA.
- List types of disabilities.
- Describe the types of discrimination disabled people are protected against.
This course focuses on the following topics:
- Defining Sexual Harassment
- Handling Harassment
- Lesson Summary
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
251+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.