Preventing Sexual Harassment
4 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 2 Hour(s)
This course takes a closer look at sexual harassment, defining it and debunking common stereotypes and misconceptions. It also discusses the problems with perception and tensions in the workplace, how to deal with a potentially hostile work environment and persistent harassing behavior, as well as the proper ways to report harassment.
This course also examines managers' responsibilities regarding hostile work environments, anti-harassment policies and procedures, and program implementation. Students will learn how to correctly handle a harassment complaint and investigate claims. Definitions of quid pro quo and a hostile work environment are discussed before summarizing the elements of an effective anti-harassment policy.
Next, it analyzes general discrimination and the different types of discrimination before looking specifically at discriminatory hiring and firing practices. Then students will be introduced to the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it affects hiring practices and workplace accommodations. This course also explores other concepts of business ethics such as open door policies and bullying.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define sexual harassment.
- Describe how to diffuse conflicts and issues in the workplace and report harassment to the proper department.
- List a manager's responsibilities to prevent and handle sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Demonstrate how to create effective anti-harassment policies and procedures and correctly handle harassment complaints and investigate claims.
- Define quid pro quo, a hostile work environment, and a zero-tolerance anti-harassment policy.
- Identify discrimination in the workplace and discriminatory employment practices.
- Summarize the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Describe and implement an open door policy in order to prevent workplace discrimination and harassment.
- Identify bullying in the workplace, how it starts, its effects, and ways to prevent it.
This course covers the following topics:
- Definition of Sexual Harassment
- Stereotypes and Misconceptions
- Sexual Harassment and Perception
- Talk It Out
- Escalate the Issue
- Manager Responsibility
- Creating Policies and Procedures
- Handling a Complaint
- Investigating Harassment Claims
- A Bigger Picture
- Quid Pro Quo
- Types of Discrimination
- Discrimination: Hiring & Firing, Disability, ADA
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
There are no quizzes at the end of each lesson. However, each lesson closes with a lesson summary for a quick recap.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
251+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.