This course will provide you with an understanding of basics of consumer protection and the various Federal consumer protection laws. The area of consumer credit is covered in some detail due to its over riding influence in our daily lives. The role and activities of the Bureau of Consumer Protection are explored with an emphasis on the financial and marketing practices of the bureau. also briefly explained are common violations of consumer protection laws.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn what is meant by consumer protection.
- Understand the Federal Trade Commission's Law Enforcement Authority.
- Understand the various areas of consumer protection Define consumer credit.
- Identify the different consumer credit laws Understand the Bureau of Consumer Protection.
- Identify the some of the consumer protection violations Identify the various divisions operating within the Bureau and their roles.
- Know the meaning of consumer protection
- Understand the Federal Trade Commission's Law Enforcement Authority
- Know the various areas of consumer protection
- Be able to define "consumer credit"
- Be familiar with the different consumer credit laws
- Know the purpose of the Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Be able to cite common consumer protection violations
- Know the various divisions operating within the Bureau, and their roles
Consumer Protection Law - California Department of Insurance
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.