Life expectancy at birth is now seventy-tw- years for males and seventy-nine for females, thanks to improvements in our living environment and advances in medical care. The older population those age sixty-five and over are the fastest growing segment of the population. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, by 2030, one in five Americans will be a senior citizen. Now people can expect to live twenty to twenty-five years after retirement. With growing uncertainty about Social Security and the shift from employer to employee responsibility for retirement saving, people are starting at younger ages to save ahead for retirement. Planning for retirement is usually longorange, and mutual funds lend themselves better to longorange planning than to shortoterm investing. The security, flexibility and convenience of mutual funds are particularly attractive to investors planning for retirement. Mutual funds now have more assets than banks and insurance. The purpose of this course is to introduce the student to Mutual funds and the interrelationship between mutual funds, insurance and ethics.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand Mutual Funds.
- Know the Mechanics of Mutual Funds.
- Know and identify the Benefits, Features and Types of Mutual Funds.
- Understand the Principles of Investment.
- Understand the Fund Portfolio.
- Understand the relationship between Mutual Funds and Tax Laws.
- Know and understand Ethics and Regulations.
- Know and understand Mutual Funds Terms and Definitions.
- Know and understand Ethics for the Insurance Agent.
- Understand the importance of Insurance Ethics and Client Privacy.
- Understand the importance of Insurance Ethics and Consumer Protection.
- Understand Insurance Ethics and Fraud.
Mutual Funds and Ethics - California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 300 Capitol Mall, Ste.1700
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.