This course focuses on are the proper methods of holding legal title to property during your life, and passing your estate on to your heirs in a manner and timing of your choosing, all with minimum taxes and intervention by the legal system. It begins with a consideration of the estate planning process and the documents of transfer. The course then addresses the unified transfer tax system and the calculation of an individuals estate tax liability. Estate planning techniques such as trusts, marital and charitable deduction vehicles, and intra-family business and property transfers are then discussed. The course ends with a consideration of postomortem tax planning.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Outline the need for and the elements of the estate planning process.
- Establish estate planning strategies.
- Understand the Federal Gift tax system.
- Introduce gross estate and valuation techniques.
- Explain the purpose and function of the Federal Estate Tax.
- Explain the purpose and function of trusts.
- Outline marital deduction planning.
- Outline charitable deduction planning.
- Address estate planning issues for business owners.
- Outline postomortem estate planning.
Estate Planning Advanced - Georgia Insurance Department
- Georgia Insurance Department
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 716 West Tower,2 Martin Luther King. Jr Drive Floyd Memorial Building
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 3 years.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.