In this course, we do not intend to introduce a complex, philosophical, intellectual debate on current ethical considerations. Rather, we will present a practical discussion of business ethics, with specific examples taken from the insurance industry.
We begin with the importance of ethics in insurance and follow with an abbreviated discussion of the fundamentals of ethics. Our objective is to get you thinking about the ethical standards, and behavior, of your peers, and your industry, in thought and practice.
The agent completing this work will have an enhanced sensitivity to ethically-based issues, increased competency in applying ethically-based principles, and, hopefully, a renewed commitment to doing the right thing, both professionally and personally.
The course addresses the complexities of ethical decision making in today's insurance environment. It suggests ways for insurance producers to establish ethics in the work place and thereby take a step toward reducing the possibility of questionable practices and wrongdoing.
The course cannot and does not give an answer for every dilemma an insurance professional will face. But it does offer a set of theoretical tools to assist producers by identifying the characteristics and variables making up the most commonly faced ethical problems and acceptable solutions to be considered.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn the basic concepts of ethics.
- Understand professionalism and ethical standards.
- Learn to differentiate between ethics and values.
- Define what is meant by conflict of interest.
- Define the steps involved in ethical decision making.
- Learn the intricacies of the insurance product.
- Understand the responsibilities if an insurance professional.
- Understand the disclosures involved in policy illustrations.
- Understand the standards of consumer protection in the insurance industry.
- Understand the various regulations of insurance trade practices.
Ethics for Insurance Professionals Advanced - Louisiana Department of Insurance
- Louisiana Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1702 N. 3rd Street P.O. Box 94214
- Baton Rouge
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 3 years.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.