Estate Planning Advanced
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 2
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Life And Health
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Maryland Licensed Insurance Professionals
This course focuses on are the proper methods of holding legal title to property during your life, and passing your estate on to your heirs in a manner and timing of your choosing, all with minimum taxes and intervention by the legal system. It begins with a consideration of the estate planning process and the documents of transfer. The course then addresses the unified transfer tax system and the calculation of an individuals estate tax liability. Estate planning techniques such as trusts, marital and charitable deduction vehicles, and intra-family business and property transfers are then discussed. The course ends with a consideration of postomortem tax planning.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Outline the need for and the elements of the estate planning process.
- Establish estate planning strategies.
- Understand the Federal Gift tax system.
- Introduce gross estate and valuation techniques.
- Explain the purpose and function of the Federal Estate Tax.
- Explain the purpose and function of trusts.
- Outline marital deduction planning.
- Outline charitable deduction planning.
- Address estate planning issues for business owners.
- Outline postomortem estate planning.
Estate Planning Advanced - Maryland Insurance Administration
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.