1 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 3
- Language: English
- Credit Type: General
- Difficulty: Intermediate
This course explains the essentials of flood insurance based on the standards set by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. It opens with the background and features of the National Flood Insurance Program, along with a discussion of who needs flood insurance. It then explains flood maps, zone determinations and available products and policies.The general rules and rating process for flood insurance are discussed in detail , along with the claims handling process and the requirements of the Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004. Last, agents Understand the flood resources available to them. This course provides helpful guidelines for agents who wish to sell flood policies.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the basic features of the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Identify the risks that make flood insurance essential for specific individuals.
- Use flood maps and describe flood zone determination.
- Distinguish among types of available flood products, including dwelling policies, general property policies, RCBAP policies and preferred risk policies.
- Apply general flood insurance rules about statutory coverage limits, deductibles, property value determination and other topics.
- Summarize the claims handling process.
- Illustrate the point of sale and renewal responsibilities of the Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004.
- Locate flood insurance resources available to agents.
Flood Insurance - New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
- New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 20 W. State Street P.O. Box 325
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
251+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.