Introduction to Property and Casualty Insurance and the Insurance Contract
4 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 6
- Language: English
- Credit Type: General (Classroom Equivalent)
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Licensed Insurance Professionals
This course will introduce you to the basic principles of insurance, including the concept of risk, the different types of risk, and techniques in managing risk. It will introduce you to several basic elements and terms used in the insurance industry. The course will focus on explaining the insurance contract by introducing and reviewing its various parts, including: the elements, characteristics, and parts of a contract, as well as various policy organizations. It will also lesson focus on the insurance transaction. The transaction includes such things as the application process, how the policy is selected, underwritten, and rated. This section will also review some of the legal requirements of applicants and the insurance company, with respect to the insurance transaction.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn the types of Insurance companies that are available to consumers.
- Study the basic structure, and types of Property and Casualty insurance.
- Review who and what exactly makes up and insurance company.
- Gain an understanding of how the industry is regulated, and who regulates it.
- Review the insurance contract by discussing its key elements.
- Understand the basics of the insurance transaction.
Introduction to Property and Casualty and The Insurance Contract - Texas Department of Insurance
- Texas Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 333 Guadalupe PO Box 149104
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for at least 4 years.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.