Virginia Laws and Regulations for Insurance Agents
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 2
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Laws
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Virginia Licensed Insurance Professionals
Laws and Regulations for Virginia Insurance Agents contains an overview of regulation responsibilities of the federal and state governments with a concentration on the The Virginia Code, Title 38.2 !! Insurance.While the complete Virginia Code, Title 38.2 !! Insurance is important , our course summarizes and abbreviates the information to accommodate busy professionals who find it difficult to set aside time for classroom instruction while providing sufficient principles to be useful. Laws and Regulations for Virginia Insurance Agents examines and explains regulations on both the federal and state level that concern the insurance industry in Virginia. The course begins with a list of definitions that are used throughout The Code and the course. This is followed by basic Life and Annuity Principles. Next the course surveys the legal environment of compliance and ethics and the roles played by both the federal and state governments. After this is a discussion of rules and penalties concerning insurance agents behavior and rules for taking applications and accepting payments. Next is described the power of The Commission to investigate the affairs of those engaged in the insurance business and penalties for refusal to permit investigation. Toward the end of the course are listed considerations with attaining and maintaining an insurance license.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Be able to give a basic definition for words and terms used in the insurance regulations.
- Understand several types of life insurance and annuity contracts. Understand the roles played by the federal and state governments.
- Understand legal expectations for conduct and behavior of insurance agents.
- Be able to discuss important considerations concerning taking applications and accepting payments.
- Understand the power of the Commission to investigate the affairs of agents.
- Understand requirements to acquire and maintain an insurance license.
Virginia Laws and Regulations for Insurance Agents - Virginia Bureau of Insurance
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.