This Long Term Care course was designed, constructed and written to provide students with comprehensive continuing education in the area of Long Term Care and Long Term Care Insurance while also satisfying many state's special required LTC training. The harsh realities of aging in America are coming into sharp focus Baby Boomers approach retirement and the longer term health issues that come with prolonged life and increased longevity. Consumers cannot rely on Medicare, Medicare supplementary insurance, or health insurance to help them meet Long Term care costs. These do not cover most Long Term care expenses.The subject matter includes LTC Landscape, LTC Basics, LTC Providers and Services, Paying for LTC, Regulations and LTC, Definitions, Federal and State LTC Insurance benefit 'Triggers', Premium and Benefit Taxation, LTC Insurance Policy provisions, Home Care issues, Company stability, Consumer Protection, Alternatives to LTC Insurance, and the basics of LTC Partnerships.The NAIC Long Term Care Insurance Model Act and the NAIC Long Term Care Insurance Model Regulation sections are all included within this course as well as a significant amount of LTC material beyond the fundamentals included in the models and regulations.The Long Term Care course is a continuing education course to enhance the professional competence of financial and insurance professionals aspiring to make Long Term Care insurance a cornerstone of their personal mission, as well as to fulfill their commitment to their clients to stay up to date on key areas that affect them and their families.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand what long term care entails in terms of physical and financial resources.
- Identify the purpose and concept of LTC insurance.
- Understand policy conditions, exclusions, rules and regulations.
- Identify the different policy types, and what each policy offers by way of benefits, limitations and exclusions.
- Recognize the function of care-providing facilities and entities, what level of care each provides, and how they are included in LTC policies.
- Learn the role of the government in the LTC market through Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Recognize how shifting demographics and costs impact the LTC insurance industry.
- Understand how group policies differ from individual policies.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 3 years. In addition, the Kentucky Department of Insurance requires an original certificate of completion to be sent within 30 days.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.