The OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety training program designed for anyone involved in general industry. Specifically designed for safety directors, foremen, and supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. In addition to learning about safety and health hazards in the workplace, students will also learn about OSHA, employer responsibilities, and worker rights. Students will also learn about:
- Hazard recognition
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. Employees must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card within 6 to 8 weeks.
The 30 hr General Industry Outreach Course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or OSHA 501 courses.
- Learning Objectives:
- Understand the OSH Act, the functions, and resources of OSHA
- Become aware of the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- Learn the major hazards associated with general industry work and how to avoid, protect or control them. This includes:
- Slips, trips, falls associated with walking and working surfaces
- Effective Egress and fire protection program
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Flammable and combustible liquids and gasses
- Hazards of chemicals
- Electrical hazards
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage, and limitations
- Learn the basic elements of a safety and health program
OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Training Program – General Industry – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Name: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Phone: (800) 321-OSHA
- Website URL: https://www.osha.gov/
- Email Address:
- Address: 200 Constitution Avenue
- City: Washington
- State: DC
- Zip: 20210
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of this course and the accompanying survey, you will receive a completion card from the provider of this course on behalf of the Department of Labor. This completion card will normally take 4-6 weeks to process and ship.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SURVEY AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING TO RECEIVE YOUR DOL CARD.
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available on your My Training page. Please be aware the certificate is not an official document. It serves only as evidence of your completion of the course until you receive your official Department of Labor card in the mail.
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. No quiz can be failed three times, if you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the “Materials” tab on the menu located within the course player. Other reference materials are available from the OSHA website; please visit http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/
To reach our Outreach Trainer email us at [email protected]