Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles serves as a study guide for all those who are preparing for certification as a Food Safety Manager. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of foodborne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
Lesson 9: Facility Design
Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles – Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Name: Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Phone:(208) 334-5936
- Fax: Website URL:http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.gov
- Email Address:email@example.com
- Address:450 W. State Street 4th Floor
- City: Boise
- State: ID
Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles – New York Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Name:New York Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Fax:Website URL:http://www.agriculture.ny.gov/
- Email Address:Address:10B Airline Drive
Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles – Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services – Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Division
- Name: Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services – Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Division
- Website URL:http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/fsrl/index.htm
- Email Address: Address:
- 1 West Wilson Street Room 1051
- City: Madison
- State: WI
Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles – All Other States Food and Beverage
- Name:All Other States Food and Beverage
- Website URL:
- Email Address: Address:13801 Burnet Rd., Suite 100
- City: Austin
- State: TX
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your dashboard on your training page.
Each quiz must be passed with 70% or higher to move forward to the next lesson.
The final exam must be passed with a 75% or higher to get credit for completion of this course.
To begin enrollment, click HERE