Learn2Serve: TABC Seller-Server Training provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller-server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn the laws regulating sale or service of alcoholic beverages to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club; how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define terms used in this course
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for seller-server training and certification
- Identify the seller-servers role in the enhancement of public safety
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID
- Use observations to detect that a minor is attempting to purchase alcohol.
- Recognize second-party sales
- Describe how seller-servers are responsible for the acts of their customers (Dram Shop Act).
- Recognize intoxicated individuals
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated
- List factors that affect BAC in individuals
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict
- Discuss the seller-servers responsibilities and obligations under the Texas law concerned with preventing alcohol sales to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club
Lesson 1: TABC Seller-Server Training Overview
Lesson 2: Minors and Alcohol Sales
Lesson 3: Intoxicated Persons and Alcohol Sales
Lesson 4: Other Permits
TABC Seller Server Certification – Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Name: Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Phone: 512-206-3294
- Fax: 512-206-3316
- Website URL: http:\\www.tabc.state.tx.us
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Address: 5806 Mesa Drive Second Flr, Ste 220
- City: Austin
- State: TX
- Zip: 78731
There are no pre requisites for this course.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of your TABC Seller Server Training Course, your official certificate will immediately become available to you.
At the end of the course, please click the Next arrow in the course player to complete the course. Then close this window and return to your My Courses page. REFRESH your My Courses page to update the information, then click the Print Certificate link below the course title to view, download, and print out your official TABC Certificate.
This certificate must be kept on your person at all times while you are selling or serving alcohol.
Each quiz must be passed with a minimum of 80% to proceed to the next lesson.
The final exam must be passed successfully with 70% or higher in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Start your enrollment HERE.