This course will help you be a responsible alcohol seller and server. It introduces the laws that keep alcoholic beverages out of the hands of minors, intoxicated people, and non-members of a private club. You’ll learn how to protect yourself and your employer from liability; to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; to check IDs; to prevent second-party sales; and the best way to refuse a sale when you have to.
Learn2Serve is accredited by The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC, formerly the Texas Liquor Control Board). Our curriculum was established by the TABC and has been updated based on TABC-approved changes authorized under Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code §106.14.
Learn2Serve’s TABC license course covers the rules and regulations governing the sales and service of alcoholic beverages on and off-premises. This includes verifying IDs and identifying minors, recognizing the effects of alcohol, and refusing the sale and service of alcohol where appropriate.
- 4 lessons
- Quiz at the end of each lesson (5 items each)
- Quiz requires 80% to pass
- Lesson quiz allows for unlimited attempts
- Final Exam at the end of the course (25 items)
- Final Exam requires 70% to pass
- Final Exam allows for 2 attempts only
- Certification expires every 2 years
- Reporting requires student’s SSN and DOB
- Reporting is processed within 14 days from the date of course completion.
For enrollment assistance, please contact our Enrollment Department at 888-360-8764 / 512-806-7989