Are Food Handler Permits from other states honored in Utah?

Generally, no.  There’s one exception for certain exempt backcountry food establishments.

The local health officer shall accept food hander permit issued toa backcountry outfitter by the United States Department of Interior, or by a public health authority in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, or Wyoming.  This applies only to food handling done at a backcountry food establishment that meets the exemption requirements of Section 26-15a-105(1)(i).”


If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us at