The Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Training is a 4-hour interactive online eLearning course that teaches students how to responsibly sell and serve alcoholic beverages in the state of Wisconsin. Learn2Serve‘s Wisconsin responsible beverage training course is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and satisfies the requirements of local statutes 125.04 and 125.17.
The Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server course covers the following topics:
- How to accurately check I.D.‘s for alcohol and tobacco sales
- Recognize the effects of alcohol on consumers
- Prevent and deal with disturbances
- Refuse a sale and prevent customers from becoming intoxicated
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and your establishment from liabilities
- Wisconsin alcohol laws
The training concludes with a final exam which students must successfully pass with a 70 percent score or higher. Students will be awarded a responsible beverage service certification on their LMS (Learning Management System) accounts following course completion. This certificate will be available for download and printing.
To obtain your Wisconsin bartending license, you have to go to your local municipality to report your certification. Then you‘ll receive your bartender/operator‘s license. To qualify for the license, you must be 18 years old and above, have no criminal records and have completed the bartending course successfully.
Learn2Serve‘s Wisconsin bartender training gives students the flexibility and freedom to learn at their own pace. Take advantage of our discounted rate for the program at only $14.95.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller’s role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller’s responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Describe second-party sales and how to prevent them.
- Discuss the unique challenges in carding for tobacco.
- Identify Wisconsin tobacco-related laws and regulations
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
Lesson 8: Tobacco Sales and Wisconsin Law
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training – Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Name: Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Fax: Website URL:https://www.revenue.wi.gov/training/alcSellerServer.html
- Email Address:[email protected]
- Address: Mail Stop 6-40 P.O. Box 8933
- City: Madison
- State: WI
Each quiz must be passed with a 70% or higher to move to next lesson.
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.