Murphy USA
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Brookshire Brothers
GPM Investments
Hy Vee
Jack in the Box
Northeast Foods
Pilot Travel Center
Individual Course

Oregon Alcohol Server Education

Credit Hours: 4 Credit Type: Certificate Approval Number: #750

Enroll in our alcohol server education course to meet Oregon requirements.


Are you applying for an Alcohol Service Permit? Then, you need to complete Oregon-approved alcohol server education. Our course meets these requirements. Plus, you’ll learn the laws for responsibly serving alcohol so that you can pass the state’s permit test. Once you pass our course, you can download your certificate of completion. This will serve as your proof of attendance when you are submitting your alcohol server permit application. ...

Details ->


How do I get my Oregon Alcohol Service Permit?

Completing an online alcohol seller course is the quickest and easiest way to get your Oregon Alcohol Service Permit. As soon as you complete the course, you'll get proof of course completion for your permit application. Enroll in our Oregon alcohol server training course now!

What is an OLCC Service Permit in Oregon?

An OLCC Service Permit verifies that you’ve completed an Oregon-approved alcohol server training program, such as the one we provide at Learn2Serve by 360training, passed the permitting exam through the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) portal, and had your application approved.

Does Oregon law require alcohol server training?

Yes. Oregon requires all on-premise alcohol servers to get an OLCC service permit and completing an approved training program is required as part of that process.

You must have your temporary service permit BEFORE you're allowed to serve alcohol. That means you need to complete training, pass the OLCC exam, and pay the permit fee (which is separate from the course fee).  After that, you'll get your temporary permit immediately to download or print. You need to keep that with you at work.

Once the OLCC has reviewed your application and confirmed you are eligible for a permit, they will email your permanent alcohol service permit. OLCC no longer mails a hard copy.

Who needs an OLCC Service Permit?

You need an OLCC Service Permit if you:

  • Work at an establishment with an on-premises license mixing, serving, or selling alcohol in any manner
  • Are responsible for filling growlers at an off-premises licensed business
  • Supervise employees who need an OLCC service permit

Selling alcohol "in any manner" includes:

  • Taking orders for alcohol
  • Collecting money from customers who have been drinking
  • Ringing up checks that include charges for alcohol
  • Helping servers by delivering alcoholic drinks or refilling wine or beer

You do NOT need an OLCC service permit if you don't have any alcohol-handling or selling duties. If you provide security, check ID at the door, clear tables, or greet and seat customers, you don't need a permit UNLESS you also perform duties described above.

How long does an Oregon Alcohol Service Permit last?

Your OLCC Alcohol Service Permit expires five years after the issue date.

Why should I take Oregon alcohol server training?

First of all, if you want a job where you mix, serve, deliver, or sell alcohol, you're required to take the course.

Additionally, the required training will help you learn laws and best practices for serving alcohol. That will protect yourself and your employer from legal and civil liability. You could face a fine for serving alcohol to a minor or intoxicated person. Your employer risks losing their liquor license.  But Oregon's Dram Shop laws means that licensees can also be sued for damages if you serve the wrong person and they go on to hurt someone else.  

On the other hand, your training can make Oregon roads safer. From 2003 to 2012, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recorded 1,232 people were killed in crashes involving a drunk driver in Oregon. That's lower than the national average, but still much too high. You can help, by being a responsible server.

What jobs can I get with my Oregon Alcohol Service Permit?

If you’re seeking a job in alcohol service in Oregon, getting your OLCC service permit makes you a more attractive candidate to potential employers because you can start serving alcohol right away.

That includes jobs at:

  • Bars & Lounges
  • Taverns
  • Nightclubs
  • Restaurants
  • Private clubs
  • And more

And if you’re curious about how much money you can expect to make, here is some basic wage data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for bartenders and barbacks in Oregon.

Job Title Average Hourly Wage Average Yearly Wage
Bartender $12.82 $26,660
Bartender Helper (Barback) $12.03 $25,010

If you are in the top 90th percentile of bartenders, you can make much more money: $17.68 an hour on average.

Where can I get more information about alcohol service permit in Oregon?

You can find more information on the OLCC’s website, including:

  • Eligibility requirements
  • Approved alcohol training providers
  • How to replace a lost, unexpired service permit
  • Answers to many permit and training FAQs

If you are looking for more course-specific information from us check out our Oregon alcohol service training.


Why learn with us


We’ve been trusted by millions of learners to provide their regulatory-approved training.


You get simple to follow course content that you can access anytime, anywhere.


We're here for you with online chat and toll-free phone support.


You’re in good hands. We’ve been in business for over 20 years.

Let's Chat!